Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Night

Yesterday, to catch up on Oscar-nominated movies, I went to see three - The Reader, Doubt, & Revolutionary Road. One of the great things about Bloomington is that movies only cost $5, so my entire day at the theater cost about as much as one NYC ticket.

I enjoyed all three of the films, but I truly LOVED The Reader. I feel sorta ready for this year's Oscars, but I never did get a chance to see Frost/Nixon. Other than that, I'm in pretty good shape.

Nate Silver (the statistician who called the 2008 election nearly perfectly) has Oscar Predictions based on a mathematical formula. I think he's right on everything, except Best Supporting Actress, which I think will go to Viola Davis in Doubt.

I'm looking forward to Mickey Rourke winning tonight. The Wrestler was AMAZING and one of my favorite films of the year. I would have nominated it for Best Picture and Director. I'd also have nominated Wall-E and The Dark Knight for Best Picture. Slumdog Millionaire was damn good, but paled in comparison to the similar City Of God. Now that's a fucking movie.

Follow My Twitter for Oscar Night Details!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with nominating The Dark Knight fr best picture. Can we watch it again at my place sometime? I have a projector and we can watch it BIG with good sound.

    ReplyDelete