Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Odds & Ends

I'm on day three or four of this Indiana flu. I think I've seen the worst of it. The only thermometer in the apartment is old-school mercury, so I had to Google to figure out how long to keep it in my mouth. So far my record is 101 degrees... Feeling the burn.

News from my fever-riddled brain:

-- Bristol Palin is almost certainly smarter than her mother. “Everyone should be abstinent . . . but it’s not realistic at all,” the 18-year-old told Fox’s Greta Van Susteren, adding that having sex as a teenager had become “more and more accepted now” among people her age. Teenagers are into sex? Breaking news.

-- Donald Trump, the always overrated joke of a man, has run yet another business into the ground. His Trump Entertainment has filed for bankruptcy protection for a third time. Maybe somebody should give him a show called The Failure, where he goes around putting otherwise solvent companies out of business.

-- The NY Times weighs in: Vitamins don't work.

-- Despite all the reports to the contrary propanolol is not a "spotless mind" drug. It won't erase bad memories. Quoting the guy who actually did the study: "There was no memory erasure, just elimination of the fearful response."

No comments:

Post a Comment