- Fans of Disney's film musical Newsies will find this interesting audio history of the actual 1899 Newsboys Strike fascinating. It's from How Stuff Works's terrific History Podcasts, which I recommend.
- TED Talks speaker Kevin Kelly thinks solo artists need 1000 true fans to "make a living."
- A Las Vegas judge allows high school students to perform RENT & Laramie Project over objections of close minded parents.
- From CitizeNYC: NY Senate Convenes, Does Nearly Nothing, Goes Home and Google Map's cool new NYC subway feature.
- Gary Cole, one of my favorite actors from TV's American Gothic & West Wing, joins the cast of Seattle's upcoming Glengarry Glen Ross.
- Doctors Speak: The American Medical Association backs reclassification of marijuana.
- Paul Krugman on how the radicalization of the Republican Party is bad for governing.
- A brief look at the contents of Sarah Palin's upcoming book Going Rogue.
- Major Obama advisers (including Hillary Clinton) favor more troops to Afghanistan.
- About 4,000 Americans have died of Swine Flu, H1N1.
- Vote for my friend Andrew Keenan-Bolger's video 'Taste of Philly' on YouTube, he's really close to winning!
- Video: Paranoid-conspiracy monger Lou Dobbs departs CNN.
- Rep. Frank (D-MA) gives Don't Ask, Don't Tell repeal timeline.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Becoming a Twitter user has clearly made me a lazier blogger. So, in a small attempt to rectify that, I've decided to post a near-daily roundup of my tweets. Hopefully this will lead to more real writing. We'll see.